To accelerate the creation of a globally competitive bio-technology industry in Malaysia through the timely roll-out of its industry aligned research programs, excellence of technical resources and efficiency of its SME commercialization centres.
welcome to nibm
In 2011 the Cabinet agreed that ABI, IPHARM and MGI be corporatised into a new autonomous not-for-profit body to enable the three institutes to be operated centrally, more effectively and efficiently. The entity is named as the National Institutes of Biotechnology Malaysia (NIBM).
On 1 March 2014, ABI, IPHARM and MGI were officially transformed into NIBM. The main objective of NIBM is to enable IPHARM, ABI and MGI is to minimize or eliminate government procedural requirements and replace with a dynamic, fast & efficient decision-making process. Among the roles of NIBM are to set priorities and direction for R&D activities, to plan for commercialization of R&D outputs and to enhance the R&D ecosystem to drive Malaysia into a global biotechnology hub. The management of NIBM will be centralised by Headquarter Office (HQ)
Strategic Initiatives For Commercialisation
Excellent Growing Facilities For Pioneering Biotechnology Research
- Product / process scale up planning, technology upgradation, problem solving
- Facilities & Services
- Lab scale testing, data generation, technology / process optimization
- Technology Transfer
- Contract research, collaboration, licensing
- Product Development
- Conceptualization of idea, pre-proof of concept studies
- Training / Internship
- Equipment and facilities , fields related to agrobiotech, genomic, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical